Thread: Brand Advice
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #55
LordWorm

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLiP
it would depend on whether you wanted bass quality or bass volume... go two half-decent subs for volume or one good sub for quality...

it would also depend on what you were using to power them...

for example... say you had a 2ch amp bridged to run the single sub... then you got two subs and used the channels of the same amp separately to power each one you would not have enough power to reap the benefits of two subs

so to get best results with two subs you would need a 2x300W RMS amp at least but for a single sub a 2x150W bridged is enough or a 350W mono.

2 subs is over-kill... great for show cars and stuff... but unless you want the world to here your bass line... there's no point

i think it's obvious that i would stick to 1x12" sub

hope this helps...

FLiP

also... it depends on whether you need to carry your woman's shopping or not
hangon, its been established that 2 subs, of near the same quality as a single, (that is, say, 2 of the second best in the vs 1 of the best in the range) would provide better quality than the single..

Different when you go into a totally different brand and pricepoint, obviously.

extra sub doesnt instantly mean extra volume, you can still turn the speakers down, you dont have to drive them at insane volumes just because you can..

as far as amping the thing goes, i'm looking if i go down the 2 woofer road, individual monoblocks amping each sub....wont have an issue with power

Need parts? Contact sales@b3motorsports.com
LordWorm is offline   Reply With Quote