View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #44
LordWorm

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude
The elbow is mandrel but sharp (exhaust has mass)

For a street car that has more pistons than tail pipes this arguement is useless (no matter how right I am) ..|..
Its still a mandrel bend... the diameter of the pipe at the bend is still the same as the diameter of the pipe at the opening. Gas accellerates around corners.

And again, I ask you to explain why you are right. Give me an argument that defeats the no-backpressure argument. Explain it in scientific terms, and tell me then why the worlds most expensive headers (burnstainless custom headers) are designed to defeat backpressure?

Explain why highflow cats are great?
explain why if you want backpressure why you dont just put a potato in your exhaust pipe?

And then, once your done with that, explain to me how much backpressure is needed to do whatever it is that its spose to do, and how to tune the backpressure to a given RPM to do good things for power.....

Then I'll reconsider.

Not meaning to be an ass about this...but If you are right, you need to be able to explain why you are right - and then explain why F1 cars have no backpressure, drag cars have no backpressure, and the best street machines going have no backpressure...if you think about how the exhaust system and the engine is working, backpressure just doesnt stack up.

Need parts? Contact sales@b3motorsports.com
LordWorm is offline   Reply With Quote