Thread: JVC Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #11
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
When JVC entered the modbile entertainment market as I guess they called it.
I was lucky enough to be one of them special people. I got a fair whack of promo stuff from car mats to tool kits to sticekrs to the products.

I got in the mx6 it's that old now was when it was released 2nd from top range. had the PICT stuff in it. I a bit pissed because the units Rupe mentioned was what replaced them effectivley.

but I had JVC in VR with all speakers and one amp. The only products not performing to a standard I'd say I would expect was the AMP.
for 4channel it was fine on power but lacked clarity and the smooth bass of others. I don't expect say a clarion type of clarity but at least a jump from say a Jaycar amp or base sony. but it was more par. but for the price that I didn't pay it was fine.

I've never had problem with head units. IMO GOOD Value for money.
you get a lot of features you mgiht pay more for in another brand.

I'd buy a JVC over a pioneer even if the pioneer sounds tad cleaer because you need to pay $200 more on retial on he Pioneer for the features.

It's only when I compare to a alpine do I find the pioneer good but the JVC is great bang for buck.

Very tough too. I only expect head units to last 1 -3 years. mines is i'd say 5 or 6 now.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote