Old 24-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #77
LordWorm

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02-KQ-LASR View Post
what other choices are there?
what kinda prices would they be?
I don't sell them so i don't know if these are the "best" prices out there
but most manufacturers have comparable units.

You are best off doing some research into exactly what is going to do the job for you. Look at the feature sets of the microtech units, Haltech, EMS, Wolf, MoTec, Autronic, Megasquirt (which is a nifty little DIY project), then find a tuner who is experienced in dealing with that particular ECU.

Most tuners will have favorite engine management systems. Its no secret that we chose to use and recommend Microtech's - we use them in our daily driven cars, we race on them and we've never had any problems with them. But I'll be the first to admit that microtech isn't the "be all and end all" - if you find you need features others offer, and you can justify the expense, then by all means go for it.

As Rupe said, the tuner matters most - so find the piece of equipment that works best for your application, then go hunting for a tuner who has a reputation for tuning and installing that specific unit. This will be VERY important for you because your engine is probably not the most common thing that has an ECU installation done on it - so you'll need someone who has experience with nutting out problems that are likely to occur with "first time" installations.

Most tuners can tune just about anything you throw at them, but familiarity with a particular type of software, and understanding of an ECU's particular little quirks is something they will only have with a handful of brands at best. Its understanding those little quirks that will allow the tuner to get the absolute most out of a particular ECU.

I'm more than happy to discuss options with you - whether that be through us or through another dealer.

Need parts? Contact sales@b3motorsports.com
LordWorm is offline   Reply With Quote