View Single Post
Old 24-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #117
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
didnt jesus drink grape juice, which is interperted as a wine these days well thats what i saw on a bible show on discovery..
That statement concerning the Pharisees where they call him a drunkard would be a bit silly if he drank grape juice wouldn't you say? It was customary for Jews to drink wine & relax after a days work. Check out Old Testament. They drank wine don't worry. Wine is extremely good for health reasons as well as enjoying social gatherings, again customary for different cultures

I studied 1st century culture heavily years back 70. Was quite interesting & you'd be surprised @ the mistranslation that goes on with todays scripture.

Besides, Jesus main focus in his teachings was love God & your neighbour. Bugger the details. These days I'm neutral anyway but I still try to give a crap about the other person. Even a smile goes a long way!

Look @ the Newspapers in Vic these days. Front pages full of out of control drug-wacked/alcohol fueled idiots with no respect for anyone. Groups bashing shat outta 1 or 2 guys is the norm now. Animal cruelty. Yesterdays paper had an narticle on a guy that shot his "favourite" dog 5 times with a nail gun cause it barked! It didn't die but screamed in pain so, he dragged it to the house & stabbed it in the neck. Still alive so he then bashed it with a sledge hammer! Whether Jesus is hear or not bud, cruelty reigns bigtime in Melbourne!!! Cops are ordered to go in groups of 3, not 2 now cause' streets are too dangerous! What about us. Where on our own, untrained & with no weapon. Stuff us ey? Where's it all going man?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 24-08-2009 at 09:21 PM.
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote