Thread: Fuel additive
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #13
Kevaclone

Car: Landcruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADMIXY View Post
I do believe (all due respect) it's about time for the "research" advice button to be pressed? There is a miriad of information regarding the best/most practical/scientific way to gain power/keep economy. My two bobs worth: High octane (95-98) will keep engine clean, aid response & hinder the need for tuning & injector cleaners. The trick is to get the car clean & running well, then keeping it that way. The higher the octane (no matter the comp ratio) the cleaner, better performance & less maintenance you will experience!

????????????
the only reason for that is most of the PULP fuels have an injector cleaner blended into them
E10 you could use, but be aware that it has a lower energy content than standard ULP so you will need to use more of it to get the same power, the Ethanol will get rid of any water in your fuel and clean some crap from the system,

Higher octane fuels will be of no real benefit on vehicles designed for normal 91RON fuel, to get any benefit from PULP you need higher compression(either NA or a boosted engine)
if your vehicle runs a knock sensor and you know that the ignition timing is being retarded by the ECU then you may get some benefit from PULP as the timing can be advanced

If you suspect you have a dirty fuel system make sure you have a spare fuel filter on hand before adding any cleaner or E10
If your car is running fine then I wouldn't bother doing anything
  • 2003 BA Falcon XLS Ute
  • 1995 323 BA Astina
  • 1991 323 Astina SP-Wrecking Now. PM for info
Kevaclone is offline   Reply With Quote