View Single Post
Old 14-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
nothing new really.

It's well known it has good and bad points that being high resistance due to a slightly higher over all octane so it has much detonation resistance.

some of it's bad points are, it's NOT THAT ECONOMICAL. ( don't read into the taxi issue) When you boost on LPG it sucks just as much as petrol. to be totally ohnest I've never heard of anyone call it easy to tune smooth. In termos of transition from no boost to full boost.

So many hidden good and bad points. One thing I have known and learn with LPG cars is LPG on anything below 3.5L or something light require minimal trorque is fine. Anything heavy and with small motor - like van iwth 1.8L or 2.0L is WASTE OF TIME ON GAS.
A ute alloy tray with say a 2.5L or bigger no problem - taxi no problem.

I know guys who LPG Rotors and other turbo engines. even 3.8L VR with twin GT25's.

They work fine. but extra cost is not worth it with over all.

Proof I find is anyone who builds one swears by it until they sell it. They never EVER uild or buy a LPG car.

On that economey stuff. Just remember - LPG is a product of Pedtroleum it's not natural gas.

Anyone who has to ship in LPG to there home knows due to no gas line. it's more then doubled in the last 10 -15 years.

It's all interesting stuff but, if I were you - i'd wait for more of this E85 to become more common. I've seen better results and more felexability too. I know of 1 LS2 running a Vortech and it's got switch and it's knock control linked up. So it can run on 98RON and E85 blend. 55KW difference with the E85 on 17PSI. I don't know the numbers I know it's over 500 at the rear on a dyno in sydney.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote