View Single Post
Old 15-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #16
chewyryce

Car: NA MX5
a 2nd hand engine plus timing belt kit, water pump and other minor items that are listed above can range from minimum of $1700 for the whole job up to a maximum of $2500. so it all depends on the price of all the parts and labour of it. if you want your car to last a bit longer just enough till you get a better car then you will have to spend a bit more getting most seals replaced on the 2nd engine. either way you look at it. its a PITA. i swapped an engine last week in a corolla and found this odd squeaking noise.. took me a while to find out that the rings were gone on it and it built up so much blowby pressure... the car runs fine but the wreckers where i bought it from didnt do a proper test on it so now we're sorting out who's going to pay for the removal and replacement of another engine... so what im saying is that it may take 2 days for the swap.. it may take 2 weeks... depending on of there may be problems along the way. im assuming you have a spare car to use while you sort this one out.
chewyryce is offline   Reply With Quote