View Single Post
Old 19-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Marc's old school cruiser - 1984 Nissan Bluebird

Hey guys,

So over the past fortnight or so I have been hinting that I have purchased a nice older car - That being a 1984 Nissan Bluebird "Ventura" wagon

This all came about a couple weeks ago, when I was having a conversation to my Fiance's grandfather about his sisters old TD Gemini, I basically told him I didnt want to persue that idea as it was going to cost too much just to get all the rust cut out of it, and said that I was more interested in his Bluebird, as it is what I call a well kept car...

Then Friday a week ago, I got the news that I could have the car for bugger all, as my Fiance's grandfather wanted to fit a towbar to his Rav, so I did one better and bought him one, so that settled it Basically, I have bought a granny spec bluebird wagon (complete with original 8-Track player!! ) for just over $300

As you can see below in the next post, I wasnt able to get full photos as the in-laws have gone on holidays, but she definitely is very straight for a 26yo car, only thing I could fault were a couple dings around the rear window, and a very very small bubble of rust in the sill, but other then that is awesome!!

So what are the plans for the car? Well to start off, some 80's era JDM wheels, tinted windows, little stereo and maybe a little muffler, but other then that its staying true to original.

I have been doing a bit of research on various Datto/Nissan bluebird forums, and have found out its quite easy to swap over brakes & suspension from R31 & S13 silvia's, and same goes with motors, with the 3 common being the CA18DET, SR20DET & VQ30DET, but I dont see that happening any time soon