View Single Post
Old 16-02-2004, 09:58 PM   #9
ezin
AstinaGT Regular

Nah i know about oil air filters! just not K&N! I had an oil type in my suby and it totaly screwed the air flow meter! I replace air flow meters every week and laugh at all these people with oil air filters! They DESTROY the hotwire sensors causing the car to run rich and idle badly and have no power at all! So if u have a hotwire type sesor (just after the airfilter and before the throttle body i would NOT put a oil air filter in it at all! Every car i have driven with them goes like crap! Unless it only uses a map sensor which is ok! eg old efi Crapodores! Or carby crapers! Just replace the standard air filter every 10k!!! Hey whats $13!!!!! And how stuffed is a oil filter after 70k of cleaning! I cannot stress this point further!

I would post the buletin from subaru on this topic but for legal reasons i cant! Oh hotwire sensors work pretty much all in the same way! The wire glows red hot when the ignition is first turned on (self cleaning) But the oil used in these new filters does not burn off causing the sensor to fail!
ezin is offline   Reply With Quote