View Single Post
Old 28-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #18
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Yeah, it has been a nagging thought in my head that the Mazdaspeed Familia (MSF) had black headlights . Interweb image search might help clarify.

Certainly the black box on the IM says its an FS-ZE. Another thing in your favour, is that it is correct rear spoiler (ironing board) for the MSF. Short of a VIN number check, they other thing to look for are the gold 10-spoke 17x7 rims that I believe were unique to the MSF.

As for the gearbox, I'm not sure if they came in ghey-auto versions, but I do know that some of them came with AWD!
The Mazda Speed Familia only came as a 5 speed manual, this is supposedly a FS-ZE as ithe Mazdaspeed had a serial number belonging to the base model.
This car was accidentially cut up beore it left japan as they thought it was a base model 1.5L

I was looking at getting the entire front cut but the cost is starting to sky rocket.
At the moment im only going to grab the ECU + loom + engine as the cost of the front cut is beyond my budget.
I thought I would offer the rest of the parts to everyone here so I could try and get the whole car here and sell the unused parts.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote