View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:38 AM   #86
Orion
SP20 Member!

Car: Mazda SP20 sedan
Fuel pressure sensor in

So, I have been knocking off some minor projects that have been sitting on the shelf - for a while

One of these was placing my fuel pressure sensor in the fuel rail. The gauge was already mounted and powered, and the sensor plug was already positioned in the engine bay. What I needed was for some way to place the pressure sensor in the fuel system with little or no modification.

Then I stumbled upon this product:
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=245

It basically acts as a spacer between the fuel rail and the pressure regulator with a port out the side for a sensor. I got the dimensions off the company and they were pretty close to the SP20 application. The bits where the fuel travels through are perfectly fine for an SP20, but I had to enlarge the mounting holes a bit to bolt it to the fuel rail.

Applying it to my fuel pressure regulator looks like this:

I don't have a great shot of it on the engine but you might be able to spot the flash of silver in a later photo

All-in-all, a fairly simple and easy install once some minor modification has been done

Exhaust: Autoexe headers; Custom midpipe; Racing Beat catback
Engine: AWR mounts; Twiggy cams; Custom CAI; RR Racing UDP; Mishimoto rad
EMS: Microtech LT-10; J&S Safeguard;
Gearbox: MSP LSD; Fidanza flywheel; 5th gear
Rims/Suspension: MX-5 rims; Tokico Illuminas; Eibach Pro-kit; Progress RSB; AutoExe STB
Exterior: MSP front lip & rear spoiler; Matt V headlights; AutoExe grill; EDM tails
Interior: JVC AVX-77; Autometer gauges; DaveBs; B&M shifter
Projects to come: Engine rebuild

Last edited by Orion; 10-08-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote