View Single Post
Old 14-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
yes but then it has to pass emissions testing. i havent called up yet but am going to find some accurate up to date info at least. panel beating is next on the list. also, i want to paint my rear beaver panel in white/black, and was wondering if its actually legal to do so, or whether the reflectiveness of the panel as is is required. (obviously i wouldnt paint over the lights etc.) becuase i could easily get away with a bit of bog and plastic weld then paint over it and stick it back on once i sort the boot out... saves me buying another just to paint it again...?

it seems any mechanic can give me a RWC and then it gets thoroughly looked over by the DOT to see its been fixed to appropriate standards. my next question is, is there any reason why i couldnt just fix the rear damage (as thats what got it written off) and then register it with all the dents in it? being that the sooner i can get it registered, 1 it can sit on the road until I clear the side of vegetation to get it into the back yard, and 2, becuase the less time its been off the road the easier it MAY be to get it back onto it? downside is that id be paying $10 a week to have it sit there in rego.

but for now its running ok, actually sounds pretty good for a stock car... much better than my annoying exhaust with a good induction note. found the manuals and service papers and has been pretty much serviced every 10,000Ks since new. which is good. all the windows slide nicely, the doors shut properly and in general much nicer inside than mine... and after stuffing around getting supplied the wrong parts AGAIN and driving to mt gravatt and back to indro, the ford laser clutch slave cyclinder fits, and the one listed for the 1997 BA hatch is not. weird. tomorrow arvo is carefully pulling away the interior and exterior to get the damage sussed and calling wrecking yards and HOPING that ABC wreckers have an all you can carry on wednesday...that would make my day and project a million times cheaper/easier (they had a white hatch with an intact rear hatch with a totalled front, complete with bumper in white )

Last edited by Clean_Cookie; 14-08-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Clean_Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote