View Single Post
Old 23-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #33
323astina97

Car: 97' 323 Astina BA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_something View Post
Pretty sure removal of headlight is universal for all 3.
Remove 3 bolts:
One towards the outside of the car on the front face of the headlight, get down at eye level to spot it, will need a long socket or a straight styled socket.
One towards the middle of the car again on the front face of the headlight, should be very easy to see.
One on top about half way.

Wiggle the headlight out, there's a pin (can't remember where) that once you feel it release will give you a lot more freedom to manipulate the headlight.
Just tilt, wiggle, twist whatever it'll come out.

The plastic bulb covers just twist off, maybe a quarter turn in a direction then they pull off.

The bulbs are held in by a metal clip, should be pretty obvious how it removes, I think it's a squeeze an push down to get under the hooks then it flips away. Remove the power and ground wires (remember where they go) and then pull the bulb out.
The bulbs obviously only go in one way (look at the shape).

Installation is the reverse.

Oh forgot, best to remove plastic headlight covers if you have them first so you don't break them or whatever.

Shouldn't take you long at all.
Much obliged sir, I'll to it tomorrow when I get a chance, might even fix the problem and won't need a whole new headlight *fingers crossed*

Yeah I keep reading not to touch the bulbs, I'll be sure to avoid that.
323astina97 is offline   Reply With Quote