View Single Post
Old 25-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #88
xeon8

Car: 2000 Mazda BJI Protege
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
What happened?? You probably told us, but i cant remember
This was ages ago, about a year or two ago.

Basically what happened was:

Got rear ended by some P plater chick in one of those smaller 4WD's (like a Suzuki Jimny type thinggo). We were both turning left from a slip lane (single file format) and I slowly crept forward to see any oncoming traffic before turning. She saw my brake lights go out, and mistook me for actually turning. What did she do? She planted it and landed herself right in the back of my car...

I later pulled off into a small car park about 200m down the road, with her following me thinking that she might follow me into the car park and we can exchange insurance details and such.

No... I thought wrong...

I pulled into the car park to inspect the damage, but I was the only one there - no small 4WD baring P plates behind me or anything; she had pulled a runner...

I couldn't even properly see her rego number as the plate was bashed in and obscured in many different ways from the impact.

I cannot express my anger, frustration and dissapointment without getting possibly getting banned from these forums due to my disgusting language... but I refrained so I should be alright! .
As we were both P platers at the time, I would have expected her to try to abide fully by the law and at very least give me her rego number. I knew I was doing the right thing by going straight to the cops to follow things up and see if there were any alternate ways of dealing with this, however there wasn't much I could do as I had no details; Only a massive dent in my bumper and a mildly dented boot.

Luckily dad knew a mate who worked in the insurance (the same company we are insured with too!) business and sorted things out... Admittedly as there were no details the claim took about a month and a half to process, and later proceeded to get the car back to its awesome, Mazda-like state!

2010-2014: 2000 Mazda 323 Protege
2014 - 2016: 1991 Toyota MR2 SW20
2016 - Err, 2016: 2002 Mazda 323 Astina SP20
2016 - Err, uh, 2016: 1991 Mazda MX5 NA
2016 - 2017: 2000 Alfa 916 Spider
2017 - 2018: 2007 Alfa Brera
2018 - Current: 2018 Mazda 3 SP25

Last edited by xeon8; 25-05-2012 at 10:42 PM.
xeon8 is offline   Reply With Quote