View Single Post
Old 27-01-2013, 02:12 AM   #8
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
First take a air gun, go to every book and cranny you can think of and blow it out. Blow out the inside of your spark plug wells as well as your coils/dizzy, unplug all the leads and blow out the connectors, blow out all electrical connections you can see (remember, engine and your lack of wheel linings could have splashed water anywhere) look at everything electrical and dry it. Then check the fuses. Then remove the plugs and crank it, if you get water splashing, out, lets hope it isn't much. And it should be good, unless you seriously bent something. But usual hydrolock literally just freezes while running, that or something cracks, but electrics shouldn't be effected
Also don't listen to the racq ppl, they usually don't have a clue, I have had a friend almost sell their car because the engine was "flooded" according to racq road assist... I came over, cleaned out the electrics with air and lookee here it started.. Fan fine for years after..
Also what tools are you refering to to fit the linings? I thought its just pushpins and a few screws?
I have racq to be able to tow my car for free in case of emergency.. I'm not changing a wheel on the side of the road, not with careless drivers we have here