View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
SAGE

Car: 03 BJ II 323
Firstly, thanks for the advice here. I don't trust the mech- already telling me it is ceased- up for $2600 to $5500. Reason I do not trust them- is the dude sounded so ****ing pleased to tell me the news. You know? Did not even try to let me know possibly alternatives- so the vibe I get is they don't give a **** about trying to purge it - wants the cash.

It was really low revs- and it shut down immediately- they cannot get it to turn over.

Again- cant thank you ppl enough-appreciated..

The mechanic tried to turn it over. Said he had no luck. Was able to "turn it back and forth" a little, but would not turn over.

He has said it would likely be the "conrod"- and if that went so would the "timing belt"- and there is "no cheap way out of it"

Otherwords he is writing the entire engine off.

How could this be the case, I mean if others here have endured much worse in terms of water? The water itself was No higher the ankle-height- reason I went through it- is I had no choice- I was in the middle of turning around a roundabout- coming out of the round-a-about was directly in front of me- the water- I would have had to stop- at the end of the round-about to not go through it.

My own intuition, and according what I have read here, and on Wikkipedia- is that it should not be damaged in the way he is describing.

The water was shallow- the car shut down immediately. Wikkipedia states- if hydrolocking occurs at low-power- that it is purgable- via expelling the water.

What could be causing this "back and forth" business they are talking about ?

I know for certain these mechanics have not worked on Mazda's before- they said so themselves last time.

Last edited by SAGE; 08-02-2013 at 04:28 PM.
SAGE is offline   Reply With Quote