View Single Post
Old 29-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #37
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau9 View Post
omg! I see all aftermarket stuff is pure crap!

Why they do stuff that is sold as high performance when it's worst than stock, I don't understand

Thank you for telling me to not spend money on camtech camshafts!

It's better to stick with stock parts! Is there any cam from mazda with more duration and lift (miata for example) or I just forget about replacing the cams?

My ecu must be very old because it doesn't have an oxygen sensor. If I learn how to do it I may think to get the megaskirt, one friend is installing a jaguar engine into a nissan silvia with a v6 jaguar engine and is using the megaskirt. I heard the map tables of megaskirt are not enough for most modern aplications but they will work fine on older cars with simple electronics or carbs, also MS will let me get rid of that crappy afm, go to sequential inyection and better ignition.
Its not that there crap. It's just that a stock ECU has a finite amount it compensates for and can deal with. Once the parameters go outside of its adjustment range it will either work (i do mean work in the sense in that it will run as opposed to run well) or not work.

The ECU was after all designed to work as is, with compensation for temperature etc etc. Not for people who start increasing compression, changing to ITBs, swapping cams etc.

There are a range of options ECU wise, ensure you do your research