View Single Post
Old 31-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #40
Old Grey

Car: Astina BG 1991 - Rx7 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau9 View Post
Yes, that pacesetter exhaust it's not what I'm looking for. I forget definitively about those exhausts...

I've been talking with some people and I've found someone that can make me the exhaust. they want around 800 EUR if THEY do the calculations, I have to ask them to make the pipes with the specs you told me.

If I change the intake camshaft you have to remade the calculations, correct?

I've been looking for this camshafts but I'm not sure if they will raise the peak power or just improve the power on mid-high range :/

http://www.camtechcams.com.au/maz_4cyl_1.8_dohc.html

Or better stay with stock intake cams?

Also I found I have two car mufflers in the exhaust line. If I remove those middle mufflers I can improve the gas flow and gain more horsepower (i know it won't be to much)?
Wow, 800 EUR, thank goodness I make my own. If their specs are the same as mine, it can't be that bad, if they are big like the shelf ones, don't bother or buy shelf ones. Maybe find someone else.

Pipes only change slightly with cam duration.

With camshafts you have to look at the history. In the old days every performance cam had near std lift with added duration. This was because the retainer would hit the top of the guide, and it was the safe way out. When we run a 0.500" lift on a 3SGE we cut 1mm off the top of the guide. Secondly more lift requires stiffer springs to control the valve, and with hyd lifters they bleed out with higher spring pressures. We convert them to solid lifters.

I know Malcom from Camtech, he's not too bad.
I'm no ECU expert, we always get them reprogrammed for big setup changes.

Pipes I made

Last edited by Old Grey; 31-12-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old Grey is offline   Reply With Quote