View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #422
Mad Mat
HONEYWELL REPRESENT

Car: 1997 BA Hardtop - Had a 2003 BJii J48 Sport20, and 2x bg SOHC astina hatches
Send a message via MSN to Mad Mat
NOW the hole issue with startin g the car.. so after weeks and weeks of me trying to start the ncar on the 36 tooth wheel i gave up and when back to the CAS or cam angle sensor setup which basically use's the dizzy for triggering. there are 4 wires. 12v, -v, signal, reset. basically its a 4:1 trigger set up. 4 rotations to 1 reset. after wiring this up i still couldnt get it to work. i was very lucky to have a friend you runs "Martini racing" (who has supplied me with all the oils for the build) have a look at my tune via remote conection. there was a few little issues i had. the major one was that my power cable from my battery relocat was to small and the starter wasnt getting the current it needed to start the car. i also needed some more neutrals from engine to chase and battery to chase. WOW after doing this it really made a difference hey.. the thing wanted to fire but something was still wrong..

i checked my spark plugs and found that they where fine. which means i wasnt getting ether spark or fuel. I had my mate from Martini racing remote connect to my pc while i check the spark and the coil packes where working perfectly. he asked me a few question about how i wired it all up, and this is how the conversation went;

jesse - mate how did you wire the injectors up
me - as they should be. out put 1 goes to injector 1, out put 2 goes to injector 2, out put 3 goes to injector 3, out put 4 goes to injector 4.
jesse - (silence followed my laughter)
me - WHAT.. thats right isnt it..

anyway long story short i was meant to wire the injectors up in the firing order. so;
output 1 - injector 1,
output 2 - injector 3,
output 3 - injector 4,
output 4 - injector 2,

once i swapped them over i still could get the motor to run.. it would cough and splatter but not fire up.. it sounded familiar, i had heard a motor sound like this before but i couldn't remember when and what the cause was. and then it hit me like a tonne of bricks..

THE CAM TIMING WAS 180 DEGREES OUT AGAIN

if anyone remembers i did it to this car and the old motor when i first got it like 4 years ago. how i had cocked it up is when i timed up my room mates car (ice88's) fs motor. i timed it up the same as a BP motor. that was wrong as they are 180 degrees different from a BP. so when i came ti timing up my motor i THOUGHT i did it the same as a BP but i did it the same as a FS

ANYWAY now i know it runs and everything is ok

so its time to pull the loom out tighy it up and wire in the speedo sensor and the alternator as i sort of need that to work sadly, and put the front end together and get her ready for a quick drive to check to make sure it all works fine before shipping to the tuners in 1 month.

1994 323 BG Hatch 2005-2007 Crashed into truck
1991 323 BG Hatch 2007-2008/9 SOLD
2003 BJ SP20 J48 Hatch 2008-2011 Regretfully SOLD
1997 BA I4 Sedan 2012-CURRENT
1985 BF 323 Hatch 2014-2015
SOLD
1989 MX5 2015-2015
Mad Mat is offline   Reply With Quote