View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #35
paulmac

Car: Astina BJ auto
I didnt really want to do this. Making a metal frame into which the projector is mounted by spring loaded screws with fixed (locked) nuts is the proper way to mount a projector so that it can be easily adjusted. It took me a number of tries to mount the 3 inch halogen projectors into the BA Astina headlight assembly. It required cutting. I initially tried to use adjusting screws but in the end came up with a half baked solution which enabled me to adjust vertical and horizontal alignment. Once I got it right I secured the unit in place with ties. I can readjust them if needed. There are better ways of doing this, it works, I see at night and its quite crude. its reliable and works. but you can do better. The 3 inch projectors only just fit into the headlight light assembly and glass. I took them to bits again as I am fitting daylight running leds in them. The normally closed relay/ headlights on running lights off is easily found at Jaycar if you cant source normally closed 12 volt relays elsewhere. So, do better than me and here's the photos of one headlight with the glass remove showing it from front and back. Its very rough, and probably a reason to laugh. Except it works. Finding a decent projector is a large part of the process. These are spot light projector from Kia/hyundai. I dont know what model. I have not yet tried them with halogen globes. The VW Passat units I previously used were pathetic and not much better than standard BA 2 inch projector either with halogen or the cheap ebay 19000 lumen four sided leds. I am still waiting for the 8 sided ones to arrive.

I removed the piddly little five volt fans from the globes and put much higher output 12 volt computer fans on the globes. So far one low beam globe has gone west.

anyone really can do better than me on this I am pretty sure. rough as bags, Im just saying it can be done, just do better than me with your own ideas. Dont blindly copy anyone.

Last edited by paulmac; 07-02-2017 at 05:22 PM.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote