View Single Post
Old 24-03-2018, 11:30 PM   #17
bjk
AstinaGT Regular

Car: SE20 Protege; 6A13tt FTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAIGHIE View Post
Billy, i swapped in a set of BC Golds in to mine 5 days before blowing it up haha, i got custom heavier springs put in, but i’m sure if you went with the standard 6-4 or 6-5 they would be right up there in the comfort / improved handling. You always have the ability to change the dampening settings for you chiloice of driving mood haha,

But 100% would go coilovers over atandard shock/spring set up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupewrecht View Post
if you want to retain comfort, go springs. if you want to go low, go coilovers. Simple as that.
You could make a coilover as comfortable as a spring/shock combo if you really wanted, but it would certainly require revalving. I think BC can do that free of charge? Or that might just be custom rates. Even lowering the 2kg or whatever it is that you can do before revalving would probably be adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
I've got a compromise. Eibach springs and KYB shocks. About 35mm lower and it's a great ride and the handling is very, very impressive. Perfect for a DD/street car. AND it's fully legal!

https://www.awside.com/products/eiba...-protege-99-03
Out of stock D: I'm not sure if being "special order" means they're still available or not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM323 View Post
Can't remember cost of the kinis but they were a custom build from a member on here when he was in the suspension industry, I believe that only 2 or 3 sets were done.
Ahh, right. Custom things probably a bit over budget haha
bjk is offline   Reply With Quote