View Single Post
Old 26-10-2004, 08:19 PM   #30
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Hi Wiredone,

I am glad you have come to the party (or atleast represent those who may), as our interest will lay with those who intend on trying hard to win our business at the end of the day with service and results.
I should also add for those who do not know, this pol is not an isolated one-off to find out how people feel about turbocharging in general. But a segway to an intended Group Buy of hopefully 7-10 kits from the successfull company which desires our business most.
But as with most GB's there is an expectation of an attractive price reduction, I don't see that being a problem with a ~$50-70k GB, and realistically would be necessary to make this a reality for most people. I just thought I'd mention that upfront before people got the idea this is something that would be done in dribs and drabs...
I do not understand the relationship between HiBoost and Streetdreams, however I hope there is a good enough communication between them to support the right hardware for the 1.8 FP. We have been in contact with Juan of HB and are aware of some of the aspects that need addressing for the smaller motor.
I believe it would be a significant advantage to us if Street Dreams is prepared to support us on such a large scale purchase. I would not be surprised if this GB will double the sales of the SD turbo kit to date. So once again there will be a great deal of expectation from us the consumer to the quality and stability of the product vs a custom kit just thrown together.
I am concerned that SD has not seen any 1.8s and I'd hazard to guess automatics aswell! In this area we have a problem and will need NO BS results here that aren't based on guesses, HB have done their share of autos and know what limits that are imposed. There WILL be a couple of autos on the GB, so trannie coolers amoung others will need to be addressed and carefully thought through and costed.

Cheers,
Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote