View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 11:20 PM   #1
Melbastina
AstinaGT Regular

Send a message via MSN to Melbastina
Gear box issues, advice anyone?

First of all I have an 03 Astina..

Today I got my baby back from mazda today as I am having a few gear box/clutch issues....

Lately, my changes have been getting more and more on the notchy side of things and for quite a while now (this makes the 5-6th time I have complained about it to mazda) I have been having issues with the clutch feeling 'gritty,' just not smooth when I push the pedal in and out with the occasional clunking noise.... Not sure what has brought this on as I don't tend to drive the car hard, yes I love a fang through the hills so i'll admit I am rough on suspension and tyres....

A while ago I had the gear box oil changed as it was suggested to me that the factory oil could be cooked, this didnt help in any great amount.

Anyway, the exact words on the receipt are 'check for gear changes notchy. Road tested several times, found when depressing clutch slowly clutch is binding. Req gear box to be removed and input shaft to be inspected. Poss thrust bearing may req replacing.'

Has anybody had this happen to them, or can anyone give me some more info as to WTF they are on about, I get the general gist of the issue but I'd like a bit more detail if poss.

Any info is appreciated.