View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 12:10 PM   #8
Toyboy

Car: Ba Astina
Send a message via MSN to Toyboy
Thanks guys ive been meaning to check the colour but havent as yet :? I went to the next town last weekend and used optimax there and didnt have any probs,so its not looking good for that servo i normally get my fuel from :twisted:

Quote:
bad petrol:
depending on what type of fuel you use your engine can ping. Ie you use crap petrol, your car will most probably ping from it being too crap a fuel. on a stock ECU everytime you ping the knock sensor should force the ecu to retard the timing until it stops, as it sounds your ECU is not factory and does not sound like it has a knock sensor.
With the knock sensor i was told that the bp n/a motor didnt have 1,is this true? And i am running the stock ECU :wink:

Another thing the other day i tested the ECU for error codes and 3 of them showed up,problem is i dont know how to read em properly ops: I reset the ECU over night and rechecked a few days later and nothing has showed up as yet,guess ill keep an eye on it,if the same codes show up ill have to get it looked at

Any1 have a specific chart for the error code deciphering on the ba Astina?

Cheers guys