View Single Post
Old 16-04-2010, 02:05 AM   #89
mrfamilia

Car: familia
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildough View Post
Also mrfamilia your GTX sedan isnt the only one in Australia as there was a 4wd 91 GTX sedan at last years astinagt qld dyno day. And it sadly didn't make 150 kw at the wheels.
Unless its the same car.
i don't think my car makes 150kw at the wheels, maybe not even 120. but in my add i said that its making 170kw at the engine. not at the wheels., how did i come up with this conclusion. i know they are a factory 134kw. then i know the airflow box can be massively restrictive. so now that it has a 3inch adaptor, all intake restrictions are lifted (which should add about 5-10kw, then the exhaust has been replace with a 3inch mandrel bent exhaust system from the turbo down. that again should add another 5-10kw, then once the intake and exhaust setup was not restricted adding 10psi of boost over the stock 6.5psi helps massively with the airflow. adding another 10-20kw. so i was guessing around 160-170kw at the engine. then i ran it against my mates factory clean stock wrx. which i know makes a factory 165kw. i put 5 cars on him, and we happen to be the same weight. so i can only assume im making more power than 165kw guessing around 170kw. mind you though its still not much compared with my familia gtr which is pumping out around 280kw at the engine (200kw at the wheels) running serious mods like link ecu, pump, intake/out, etc. those gtrs make good power at high boost levels due to the turbo and design of the engine. at any guess for this sedan gtx, its only a estimate and not a huge unrealistic one. just getting a little more power than stock.
mrfamilia is offline   Reply With Quote