View Single Post
Old 31-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #16
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Life. You know. Just tosses you a curve bal, you can't duck from huh?

Text from seller. "So sorry. Any chance you can postpone picking the car up (I have booked a flight to Sydney for today as it's not running right. Need to sort this!"

Think I'll forget it now but risk losing the 100 deposit. I trusted this guy as he has done his ass on the rebuild but, I've been bitten before. Need to consider walking away. I already have swapped shifts @ work. He believes it is nothing serious but I'm down here. He's up there. He may be doing me a favour?

EDIT" He is giving me deposit back & has offered the airfare returned if I choose to go ahead with sale @ a later date. So, with deposit back, I'm still out for the airfare for now. Only $85. Think I'll look for something down here & skip the interstate buying. Sorry guys for the start of this thread only to have this happen but, maybe someone can take something from it? Like, buy in tour home state?

Think I just wanted back in & never saw the forest for the trees? (interstate buying I mean)

EDIT EDIT I'm wondering now moreso, whether he was offered a higher price as even though EBay add was taken down, when I offered my price & was accepted, Carsales add is still running. I can't offer him more now obviously as he'd then have to conceed lieing about it not running right all of a sudden?

Think I'll let this one go fellas. Really was looking forward to this car in a big way but, there's that fishy smell in my nose right now. I'm not humiliated as much as annoyed. I can let the airfare pass as long as I get the deposit returned as promised. Even this sounds a little fishy? The more I ponder on why he had to build the engine soon as he got it basically. Bad luck or something more sinister?

I'll keep in tough anyway as I really miss this forum & all you guyz. The honest, friendly help you show toward one another. It's a credit to yuz all & the forum & to Dan AaaaaaaaaaaND!!!!!!!!!! Marcs now a mod

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 31-07-2013 at 07:13 AM.
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote