View Single Post
Old 19-07-2004, 01:09 PM   #17
ROB-80E

Car: Turbo BG Astina
Send a message via ICQ to ROB-80E Send a message via MSN to ROB-80E
It only does it for 3 mins after a hot restart. Not on every time you idle....so yeah that answers that question. :wink:

On the same thing though, because the pressure is consistently low, what I did on my laser was left it in operation and changed the earth switch to that of the wastegate solenoid so that when the boost went up, so did the fuel pressure....I did notice a differnce too. The same can be done with the boost light, when the boost light comes on, you can have the fuel solenoid switch so that you have more fuel pressure on boost. There is no side effects as long as you use a relay to direct current. The only thing you will get is an error code in your ecu. Obviously if your running an aftermarket regulator, you don't use the solenoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JynX
You cant really put a figure on the exact point the ECU cuts as it will differ based on environment. Based on mals setup we have observed a boost cut of around ~0.82bar and this has varied based on what pump fuel is used. Obviously the GTX doesnt havent a MAP sensor so I dare say that there is no "static" boost cut. It will depend on engine load, air flow, 02 reading, air temp etc etc etc.
The boost cut I'm refering to is a calculated cut. It's calculated from the AFM and the Dizzy. The EGO, air temp water temp or any other sensor is not involved in the overboost cutout. So there can be an exact figure assigned to it. Whether that is what your analogue guage is showing that, well yeah, that won't be static.

So Mal...your cut that you are getting isn't a "boost cut", you have another problem, as to what, I could only guess. Boost cut or the calculated 14.7psi cut only comes into effect at 5000rpm (or 5300rpm, one of the two). If your getting a cut before this, there is something else going on. There is no difference in the boost cut from the GTX to the TX3 ecu. I've run both my cars on 18psi with no probs until i get 5000rpm :lol: ops: