Old 06-02-2005, 08:35 AM   #18
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BraXta-
hmmm

so Mr MX6 you say that u have successfully, and easily fitted a ZE, DE under the hood of an Astana V6 hardtop.. and The difference is in the ECU and the injectors..

Hmmmm.... im very interested .... if you could rip out a 1.8ltr hardtop astina ... and drop that 2.5 jap spec sucka in....

Like....... ummm i want to do that... but i never really seen much talk bout it... only people mentioning it.. but i would love to actually do it =D

So what did you do... and yeh stuff like that =D

lol its late so sorry if this message makes no sense =P
Taking ou a 1.8 and putting in a 2.5 is just asking for trouble 4-->6 cyl how fat can one mans wallet be
The swap is only plausable for those with the KF to go to the KL
The differenes between the DE and the ZE are as follows
1: flat top pistons in the ZE(compression ratio 10:1) as compared to the dished tops in the DE (compression ratio 9.2:1)
2: camshafts KL-31 in ZE (max power @6500rpm) and KL-01 in DE (max power @6000rpm)
3: intake ports in ZE heads are square and are oval shaped in the DE (comparasin)
4: Intake manifold in ZE has a long neck or a curved neck and larger internal dimeter to LHS merge (after VRIS) compared to the short neck on the DE
5: ECU is different between the two engines
6: And there are differences in the Airflow meter

Thats about all I can come up with for now so if thats not good enough then poo to you all.

Last edited by boostedbatman; 09-02-2005 at 07:19 AM.
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote