View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #49
Astina GianT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude
To put the V6 (either KF or KL) in place of the 1.8L 4Cyl you need engine, ECU, wiring, transmission, radiator, brake booster, engine mounts, exhaust, maybe modified drive shafts and other little bits 'n' pieces.
To swap the KF 2.0 litre V6 with the KL 2.5 litre V6 all you need is the engine.
It's not that it isn't possable but too expensive. It would be cheaper if you had a 1.8 to trade to a V6 then do the swap.

Oh yeah,
You'd also need to change the front springs and tacho, the list just goes on and on
I've found a good 2.0Lt V6 @ $11500 175000Km Manual (non mods) and I recon I might be able to get between $9000 - $10000 (guess) for my 1.8L 4Cyl considering the extra bits and pieces that are non standard on the car + I would have to spend extra money on replacing the non standard items into the V6.
However do you recon it's worth trading up to a V6 to do the KL-DE or KL-ZE modification? Also keeping in mind the V6 version had other creature comforts the 4Cyl lacked. Or do you think it's better to just pick another engine like a bpt etc?
Essentially I was aiming for around 150Kw good torque and was hoping to increase to 200Kw with a bolt on turbo etc to a decent engine when I get more money, hence have a good engine to start with then do the mods etc?

Last edited by Astina GianT; 05-04-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Astina GianT is offline   Reply With Quote