View Single Post
Old 18-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #184
HAIGHIE

Car: 99, BJ 323 astina hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by maz_zam View Post
Went back a page and read about your FS cam install mate and wondering how its been now after almost 2 months? And any closer to installing the intake as exhaust cam as well?

Very interested as have the FP-DE as well and read bits and pieces on this mod over different forums. Especially if youve been to the drags and thoughts there?

Anyway sweet build thread mate, subbed for the 1.8 relevence for me
hey man sorry for the epic late reply

yer the cams going good man, down low its about the same maybe a little bit more sluggish but up in the rev range it really comes alive, i always noticed the FP would start to run out of puff about 5800rpm and would really only come on to a power band from about 4000rpm. so not much to play with,

with the cam in it starts to move about 3800rpm and just REV's n REV's n REV's and then you hit limiter lol but yer it really suffers from the 6700rpm limiter. i would like to bump it up to about 7400rpm, from about 6200rpm it really starts to pick the revs up nicly but just straight to limiter (yes i hit limiter alot lol but its way to easy lol) and even on the outside of the car it doen't sound like its reving its hole either it actually sounds very comfortable.

putting the FS INTAKE cam in place of my EXHAUST cam will be happening as soon as i can get my hands on one lol, but hopefully it should just really even out the powerband a little bit smoother but again i think i'm going to suffer from the poor red line our cars have.

over all i think it was a great mod to do. the 1/4 - 1/2 throttle range is much more toey and responsive aswell so when you are just crusing it just purrs along. i would love to say go and do it but if i was to hepl you out in anyways i gess i would say just hold off untill i can undertake putting the FS intake in for the Exhaust aswell to see if its better to just get both of them done instead of having to do it/get it done twice but as soon as i do get my hands on one i will let you all know

HAIGHIE is offline   Reply With Quote