View Single Post
Old 22-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #191
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAIGHIE View Post
nar man using my current FP block just got to sus out the damage hopefully its not to bad and hasn't wrecked everything so i can't use this motor. ( i wanna keep engine numbers) and i like the way the FP's rev. yer i will be looking for like maybe a 7200 limiter max with this motor under boost.

i will be getting the hole engine balanced and finely machined by a bloke i know who's very experienced with this **** but works for him self now only to make a little spending money as he's retired well semi lol, but yer he's very cheap

but yes the heads will flow there easily but it's better to have them flow alot better so you don;t have to strain the motor of all its got to make what you want better to have it flowing a **** load so you can make easy power on not much

and yes azz hahah 121 valves lol i can't wait to pull the head off one at work so i can compair lol bet you they are lol. actually there probly bigger then ours lol.

now here i got making a shopping list don't really wanna see the price in total :/

hopefully it the car will be quick .... fingers crossed
Those rods wont work then, no real need to get longer rods on an FP. If your just after some forgies check out some forged BP rods IIRC there similiar BE, might need some slight machining to fit. You'd gain about 2 mm in rod length

I wouldn't go much bigger if any bigger on the intake tbh id be focusing on the exhaust valves. There tooo small and im kicking myself now that I didnt have them enlarged by a mm. Also wish i had had the exhuast ports mirrored in hope of getting better exhaust velocities.

Remember the bigger the valves are the lower your intake velocity will be and thus the worse the engine will perform at lower rpms. Honestly man at that sort of redline you don't really need any big head work, port patch, smooth out machining marks and you'd be under way

EDIT: Might even be able to use a BP piston on top, but youd wanna check this out.

Last edited by Ice88; 22-04-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote