chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Hi again Danny,

Quote:
Originally Posted by $IK323
- I have close to 120 000 k's on my car...is this too much k's
it's been well maintained but wondering if it's too large
- want to know if the group is leaning towards the the HB Kit or the SD kit
would prefer the SD kit as it would basically be the same price without the worry of shipping and extra customs cost etc. Also asked my mechanic and he would choose the aust. made product as american cars run off a cleaner fuel than ours.
I'm not so knowledgeable mechanically to give you facts, but I'd hope that any car would be good at 120,000km's for it to work. I think the key is to go a little further with your engine maintainance, ie: regular oil changes every 5,000km and check the plugs/leads occasionally for problems. You'd need to ask a person with a turbo as to what needs attention...
So you know, the current price of the US HiBoost kit is $4,000usd(~$5,200aud) inc. shipping but excluding customs/tax/stamp duty. This is prior to a group buy discount, so it looks hopeful. Street Dreams are asking $8,500 for a refined version to suit the 2.0 FS.
Including yourself Danny there is 3 of us interested in QLD so far, so that is good for us when it comes to time to buy, I would think there would be much stronger interest down south, but we are at a good start already.
And Preeman, we are not excluding SP20s at all, I want to reinforce that! I welcome your ideas in turboing and we are very interested in what you end up doing. Remember there is only 7mm difference in stroke with the 1.8 and 2.0 motors and at the end of the day only a couple of psi between them due to compression and capacity. So pretty much what works for one will work for the other, tuning fuel/ignition maps aside...

Cheers,
Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote