View Single Post
Old 16-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #92
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Developments:

Cut a hole in the headlining, as of course with the sunroof unit in, the headlining needs to sit a lot lower.

But i've decided to make it a little more like OEM, and have managed to source some darker grey roof lights. As standard the BA has the one on the left, but with a OEM sunroof they have controls similar to these. Both of the new ones are actually from a 626 though, and look a bit nicer than the BA OEM ones.

And it's booked in tomorrow for the wiring to be sorted, as i hate dealing with that stuff. They're going to have a go at hacking into the ASC sunroof controls (which are as ugly as sin) and making the Mazda controls work. Should be possible, but we'll see!

Also did a bit more work on the shaved cam cover. That's going to be wrinkle coated soon, and i still need to make up a cover for over the spark plug well.

And threw on some MS-01Fs in 16x7+35 just for the hell of it. They're the perfect fitment for BA - nicely flush-ish with the guards. Not bad, but i still prefer the MS-02s.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote