View Single Post
Old 20-02-2012, 02:14 AM   #17
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
our engines and many engines made in the past 20 years uses a bottom bypass valve in the thermostat to regulate the coolant flow in the bypass pipes, which is why a wrong thermostat that "fits" (no bottom bypass valve) or no thermostat could cause overheating
You know they are not fitted to Australian Models.

According to the following workshop manuals - Mx-6/626 GD and GE BA 323 and HD 929. They are shown as fitted in every market But Australia. Diagrams still show it early cars.

I ordered my self from Mazda Australia - Thermostats for both F2's - KL-' KF's
all were single thermostat with no bypass. Still have KF one sitting around

I also ordered from NZ - A Thermostat for a FE DOHC. - Has the twin thermostats is listed to fit both BP -KF KL and FE engines. NZ cars use same as Japan. According ot the NZ boys it's because in Japan and NZ you can get heat shock from cold coolant from forzen temps hitting Hot engine temp fluid. Because We only have a extremelty low locations of areas that will get yearly temps below 10degree C. It's not seen as problem.

Australia No even listed on mazda's parts list.

Note radiator caps go bad constantly.

on Ba 323's V6 inparticular it was common problem with it and Eunos 500's. Mazda never quite got the caps to last. But it was better then having the expantion tank explode or leak like on the GE KL's.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote