View Single Post
Old 18-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #68
Orion
SP20 Member!

Car: Mazda SP20 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy65 View Post
Looks good Daryll,

The sensor female to male fitting that you had a few pages earlier is a gas fitting, most taper in to each other for a nice seal.

Love the bracket for the overflow, bout time you finished that :P

Ive got 1 of those distributor blocks in the 180...awesome to hide **** behind the guards...+ splicing wires is messy...
I don't remember any pics or discussion about fittings in earlier posts The only thing it might be is the gearbox fluid temp sensor fitting in the drain bung.

Yeah, not quite enough room to put it in behind the guards and for just little annoying to open up the guards to hook up new items. I will have a chat to you another time about connectors you are using

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisbane_boy View Post
looking good darrel.
is ur coolant overflow bottle just an oil catch can??
I need to replace my stock overflow bottle but thought a catch can might be a bit small. and there isnt realy a way of filling it up??

I like ur intake, simple but smart, i never thought of just using straight hard tubing and just silicon bends.
Nope it is an actual coolant overflow can, although I'm not sure if they make that particular style anymore. There are plenty floating around on eBay.

The piping for the intake is stainless steel that have been HPC coated. Yeah, I spent a while nutting out what I wanted to do with the intake and how it would all go together and in the end I am pretty happy. I just need a small bracket to attach the MAF to the gearbox mount (for some extra support) and it will be all done.

Exhaust: Autoexe headers; Custom midpipe; Racing Beat catback
Engine: AWR mounts; Twiggy cams; Custom CAI; RR Racing UDP; Mishimoto rad
EMS: Microtech LT-10; J&S Safeguard;
Gearbox: MSP LSD; Fidanza flywheel; 5th gear
Rims/Suspension: MX-5 rims; Tokico Illuminas; Eibach Pro-kit; Progress RSB; AutoExe STB
Exterior: MSP front lip & rear spoiler; Matt V headlights; AutoExe grill; EDM tails
Interior: JVC AVX-77; Autometer gauges; DaveBs; B&M shifter
Projects to come: Engine rebuild
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote