Car: astina ba 97
Send a message via MSN to skitz
here is the reply to the above asked question by dan:

The suspension requirements fall into a few special requirements;

Suspension travel.
Minimum bump stop clearance.
Ground Clearance.
Structure sound, fitment.

I guess the usual ones are like the ones you have asked.
Can I fit lowered springs ?, yes however they cannot be cut or heat affected, must be retained in the system when load is removed (can't fall out if jacked up) include structurally sound, Must retain 2/3 of manufactures bump stop clearance and can't be below the manufactures min ride height, can't be found below the 100mm ground clearance. Hopefully this is not too technical but all these things affects you vehicles handling.

Basically, if you fit one of the more common suspension replacement options available for your vehicle that is recommended by a retailer you should not have a problem, and no additional engineering reports should be required (except Coil Over as discussed). You can discuss with the retailer or ring our Vehicle Inspection Technical Standards (VITU) on 62077236 when you decide on the product or range. Please remember that the springs are only one component and may need to consider the whole suspension.

Ie: Pedders, Lovells, Koni, King Springs Whiteline etc etc. I have include some hyperlinks to some of the manufactures Q&A webpages that may help you.

Peter Hunter
Manager - Vehicle Safety
ACT Office of Transport
Level 6, Macarthur House
12 Wattle St Lyneham ACT 2602
PO Box 151, Civic Square ACT 2606
Ph (02) 6205-3597
Fax (02) 6207-7160

he thinks i am a frigin female hahahaha he keeps calling me kylie even though i list my name at the bottem of my emails .... ow well at least he is giving me replys :P

hope that helps with ur question dan

09 Mazda RX-8 GT

Wakefield Park: 1:14.8100

skitz is offline   Reply With Quote