Thread: Ghe770
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #198
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto3 View Post
Thanks mate. It was great to finally stretch its legs though with my little companion on board I couldn't get too excited. Im keen to head up to that fella you guys have recommended and get it properly tuned. I started with an 80% VE map and let adaptive tuner show me what it wanted. I then found an old article in a fast fours mag with a willall tuned mx5 on jenveys that showed a ve map. I punched it in and let adaptive tuner work on that and its been running sweet. I need to try and get rid of the pops and spits here and there as it is running 'safe' rich until dyno time.
The electric water pump has worked faultlessly and keeps the temp within a few degrees of 80*c under all conditions and the cool down feature really helps with dissapating heat.
I'd reason there's an extra 30 ponies gained from jenveys and cams etc, you have to keep it on the boil though from about four grand it climbs up on cam and chugs along with a noticeable increase in torque.
The power is countered by the obnoxious noise, there is no way of driving it quietly. It sometimes reminds me of that top gear episode where Clarkson blows the plug out of the mx5 and has to drive on with it chugging away.
It soundslike an angry mechanical wood pecker trying to get out of your hood.
North soon, maybe catch up with some of you guys up there.
Hey dude,

You'll be able to cure (well almost) the downlow lack of response with oodles of timing. Something best done on the dyno though, unless you have a friend with a good ear and a knock sensor

Just let us know when your up and we'll arrange a meet