View Single Post
Old 18-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #127
TheMAN

Car: .
as long as you don't beat on the gearbox, it will be fine.... I have a friend making about 300hp here (I built his motor) with a welded stock LSD... it's been holding up fine... he takes it easy with launches and shifts

likewise, I do the same and mine has far less power than his

your aussie FS-DE engines have higher compression than the US ones, I really think you should be running less than 9psi if you don't have any sort of knock monitoring system... a J&S safeguard is ideal.... it's hard to believe, but it actually saved my friend's engine from blowing to kingdom come when his wastegate actuator went bad and the engine went full boost (probably 30+psi)... it's actually the reason why I built his motor because all it did was cracked the piston and it started drinking oil like crazy... not even a scratch in the block!

you might think "oh, I'll just back off the throttle when I hear pinking"... it's usually too late when you hear that.... my own J&S picked up pinking without even being audible... mind you I didn't even adjust its sensitivity all the way up! The greatest thing about the J&S over many other systems is the fact that it works all the way up to redline and it also has been race proven (used by lots of major race teams)... mazdaspeed at one time also sold these too

Last edited by TheMAN; 18-10-2011 at 07:00 AM.
TheMAN is offline   Reply With Quote