View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #258
TheMAN

Car: .
what I'm saying is, the RX-8 Mazdaspeed version came with the same oil cooler that's in the US and European manual transmission RX-8s... the RX-8 Mazdaspeed version came with all of the available Mazdaspeed accessory parts fitted in the factory... the Mazdaspeed oil cooler kit is just a bundle of factory Mazda parts sold as an accessory for non-Mazdaspeed version RX-8 owners

the RX-8 parts catalogues show that for the Japanese market, only the Mazdaspeed version and automatics came with dual oil coolers, while only the manual transmission models for Europe and US came with dual oil coolers... none of the Aussie series 1 RX-8s came with dual oil coolers, but the series 2 did (manual transmissions only)

so in otherwords, you can call it a Mazdaspeed part if you want, but it's just another part from the Mazda parts bin... nothing really special as it's used in many RX-8s around the world If it was truely a specially Mazdaspeed engineered part, then that would be a truely accurate statement Only reason Mazda even bothered to sell it as a Mazdaspeed kit in Japan at all was because none of the regular manual transmission series 1 RX-8s in Japan had dual oil coolers while the export ones did

but I understand your logic... it's the same reason behind me calling the oil cooler in my car a "Mazdaspeed" part before since it came in the Mazdaspeed Protege... except it wasn't unique to it... it existed long before the Mazdaspeed Protege came about, in the European 626/MPV/Protege

just wanted to clear up some misconceptions...