View Single Post
Old 29-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilist View Post
looks good and tidy, love people who still work on BFs rare bunch of cars
Yep. I toyed @ getting a Mazda again but with a bigger engine. Then I saw this & it was luv @ first sight lol. It kinda gets in your blood once you've tasted the fiery lil' blighters doesn't it. Engines are so manic. I regret what I did to the BFGT. Wish I had finished it instead of sending it to the graveyard. What a waste

I never got to drive the GTX I bought for the running gear transplant years back for more than 5 mins. A few may remember I broke 2nd gear on it's first run. Was whinning when I drove it. Had an old disco potato on it Evil. I still reckon too much for these. I know some do it right but. This was a butcher job. Exh mani was a shocker.

This little TX3 number is for keeps! I want to take my time & do it right. Revisit all the stuff I'd learnt. I also am committed to putting something away for the future. But still will relish doing this up. Not real sure how just yet. I don't want to go too big on the turbo so to loose the nippy character it has. I won't really quite know what the previous owner has done til I get it back here & have a look on Thurs/Fri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mat View Post
You are the LPG master
hehe. Had enough practice Mat RACV came out & I asked him to show me how to short the primer into play without petrol (duel fuel system) Then, wired in a switch using a motorbike horn switch. Works a treat.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote