View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #185
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 View Post
Just had Phil & Jared over, and after going through some of my old rear swaybar install photo's, we have come to the conclusion that the one Phil has may be off the the AWD version, as the mounting points are horizontal, whereas my old AutoExe bar were diagonal:

She sounds mental as though, and it may have converted me

Cheers
Marc
Thanks for posting the pics Marc, the rear sway bar certainly is different to what I have on my car now and what you had.
And it sure does sound mental and it goes mental too, just like the owner
I think if you drive it you may be converted like I have been.(I think Maztech has been too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3_racer_001 View Post
i wonder how long the f series will last? 12 months? forever? time will tell i suppose!

Im not nasty to my car all the time, Most of the time its stuck in city traffic(hence the worn out clutch) so hopefully the gearbox will last me a while as the first one broke a diff while it was parked on the side of the road and the second was faulty from day one and this one seems OK.
After the brakes and suspension the gearbox a LSD is next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maztech View Post
Been talking boxes with Phil and little plans are in place.
Otherwise awesome car, fixed speedo and handbrake light today now I happy with the conversion --- time well spent working everything out.
Now for brakes and suspension work Phil
Thanks again Jared(Maztech) for all your help.
I know you certainly enjoyed driving my car.
You seemed to have a huge grin on your face the whole time, the same thing happens to me now.
When we have done the suspension and brakes done we will aim it at mt nebo and you can light the fuse the first time and see what happens...

The brakes are being ordered this week and now its time for new springs and shocks and hopefully we should be able to find all the bushes etc need to fit these crazy braces and those sway bars.
Any one knows what are the best available for my Astina??
Now for sale Pedders lowered springs and comfort shocks 15000 kms use perfect condition just not good enough for this much power.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote