View Single Post
Old 14-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #47
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
Well after asking around here and there and consulting different people, EVERYONE has said that the Canon is the way to go. Which I was aware of, but just needed that little extra reassurance lol

So I'll hopefully be looking out for one in the Xmas sales or online, as I want it before I come up to QLD mid-late Jan. A friend's sister gets them in wholesale, so she's looking into a price for me. I might even get it BEFORE xmas if i get a good price! The bloody olympus is giving me the utter ****s! Was at a wedding on Sat and just couldn't be bothered to waste my time TRYING to get the camera to take good shots. Frustrates me beyond belief

To those who HAVE bought the S3 IS, do you mind posting how much you paid for it and where you bought it and if they were reliable, etc? Just so all of us who are interested can get a good idea of what's the go on price.

Dan, the only prob with buying from HK that i've read about, is the HK warrenty can be a prob in Australia. Canon Australia may not accept it and it has to be sent back to HK. So i've heard. I think Melbastina said something about that too.