Thread: Liam's V6 Hatch
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #15
Alemenara
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 94 V6 BA Hatch
So my car was smoking quite bad as you can see in the photo below....

Originally thought it could have been the nasty oil leak i had. However thats been fixxed and it has slowed the smoking somewhat. Turns out my valve stem seals are rooted and as i'm already using 20-50 i can't exactly go to a higher viscosity oil. Dumped in 2 bottles of Stop smoke today and it seems to have helped alot but i don't think it will hold for long with the way it gets driven.

This means that the new motor will have to go in alot sooner than planned as the motor will cost me $1200 + service parts & a clutch vs $900-$1000 to have the heads pulled off the motor and acid dipped and new valve seals installed.

I should have the new motor fully paid off within the next 2-3 weeks. I'm not so sure what else i'll need to complete the conversion without hitches & without doing it dodgy, but so far the list of jobs to be done will be:

- Timing belt + Water pump
- Drive and A/C Belts
- Head Gasket, Rocker gaskets & sump gasket
- All spark related items (Leads, plugs, dissy etc.)
- Intake Cleaned and solenoids checked (re-solder if need be)
- Exhaust Manifold(s) & Exhaust Gaskets
- Engine & Gearbox mounts
- Clutch (NPC HD Clutch will be used)
- Intake will need to be moved/custom setup installed as the straight neck intake won't allow the existing one to stay.
- Battery relocated to where the airbox is or moved to the boot because of the KL's intake.
- Replace any cracked/old hoses
- Swap the AFM for a KL one
- Swap over the ECU (May also buy a haltech sprint 500 before then)

The other things i'm thinking of doing when it goes in are possibly:

- Lighter flywheel
- Switching the intake manifold for a K8 one
- Fuel pump
- Clutch Master & Slave + Braided lines for both
- Slotted rotors and decent pads to cope with power increase.
- Swap spark out for coilpack system if i get a haltech

I'd like to see this done late november possibly early december. If there's anything else i should add to the list of things to do/replace please let me know as im stockpiling parts at the moment, i'd like the car to be off the road for the least amount of time possible.
Alemenara is offline   Reply With Quote