Thread: '96 BA Hatch
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #184
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
well the past week has certainly been kinda a big one.
i bought a velocity red RX-8 but could not bring my self to part with the astina.
so i managed to talk my mum in to selling her car and driving the astina as a daily
today i lifted the car up for her 1" and a bit (around 27mm) from where it was so that she can get all the places she needs without scraping.
i will also switch the buckets around (ie the drivers to passangers and back) cus i made a nice arse grouve in the drivers one now, where as the passangers one is almost like new
wasnt bad, 3 wheels took me around 45min all together, the 4th took around 2 hours. it was the front drivers, my cv boots crapped out last year and i drove for a week before replacing, so there was some grease mixed with sand on the thread and it took me around a hour to realise i what the problem was (it was refusing to screw) since i didnt actualy clean the threads after replacing the boots. some friendly persuasion made it all good
car sits now with a clearance of around 15-17 cm i cant remember exactly and it will clear parking centre gutters (tried it out 2dai ) i can actually reverse all the way untill the tires hit which is a welcome change haha
also new brake/tail globes came on friday which i installed, quite quirky i think, il throw a pic up soon, il be getting the same for the 8 but i will be making a new specific thread for my new baby
also i will be replacing the HU in the astina as mum will use radio mostly, and the screen on the astina is intermittent, so id rather just replace it and be good and not worry. il throw those pics up when the new 2din comes

Last edited by 70NYD; 22-11-2010 at 06:28 PM.
70NYD is offline   Reply With Quote