View Single Post
Old 16-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #87
Flyblown

Car: 88 BF ss, Familia GTR ,KH laser sedan 1.6 4WD Auto
Talking Sometimes you have to learn the HARD way

DEAR mrfamilia,
If you read my posts about your car you will find that I have not ever said anything actually bad about your car
I have only said that I cant find its Jap Vin in the Mazda Vin database I use
The Vin I could not find BG8R-301938 was supplied by you when asked on ebay. When asked by GTAe on fl.com to post up your VIN your reply was I dont supply my vin in case someone wants to use it on an unregisterable Race/rally import to get it registered etc. So obviously you gave me a fake Vin just in case I was one of those dodgy people.
Not realising that some of us can actually access Jap Vin codes, like you try to say" flyblown doesn't have access to some special database." well yes I do !
and all you have shown is Australian documents that are not very accurate with imports at the best of times especially not from Victoria where are your DOTARS DOCUMENTS
I just checked the real Jap Vin when I saw the pictures you posted
Yeah I was right its not a 95 we know they stopped production mid 93 that is what made me so suspicious in the first place!!
I have not ever said that the car isn't what you are saying it is I have only pointed out to young players the pitfalls of buying imported cars and tried to point them in the right direction to look it up and make up there own mind. I said I personally wouldn't buy your car
WITHOUT CHECKING OUT EXACTLY WAS IT WAS AND I NEVER TOLD ANYONE ELSE NOT TO BUY IT
IF YOU COULD PROVE FOR ALL TO SEE ( AND I SAY ALL NOT JUST THE UNKNOWLEDGABLE INNOCENT ) THAT IT IS A 95 GTX THEN I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN BUYING IT AS IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY RARE. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A SPECIAL ORDER BUILT 2 YEARS AFTER THE LAST ONE CAME OFF THE PRODUCTION LINE
Its the info off YOUR Aus Vin number that I used to inform people of the Victorian rebuild scheme hey I said your car is TOTALLY LEGAL just I couldn't find the JAP VIN you gave me in any databases.
I also pointed out that
Just because I couldn't find it didn't mean it wasn't a real JAP VIN . A SPECIAL ORDER WOULD HAVE HAD A VIN LIKE THAT FAR OUTSIDE THE ORIGINAL RUN OF VIN NUMBERS. BUT I COULD NOT FIND IT
YOU SHOULD HAVE A COPY OF ITS ORIGINAL IMPORT PAPERWORK SCAN IT AND POST IT UP.
if you dont have the paperwork
HOW CAN YOU SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE JAPANESE ORIGIN OF THIS CAR THAT IS BASED ON FACT NOT HEARSAY. JUST BECAUSE AUSTRALIAN AUTHORITIES THINK IT’S A 95 DOESN’T MEAN IT IS
Its not my fault that
PEOPLE DON'T READ THINGS PROPERLY OR CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE WRITTEN
I was told my first cosmo was a personal import but it was a parts car. That had to go through a non standard procedure to allow it to be complied!!!
Just so you understand that I never said anything remotely inferring that the mechanicals of this car were dodgy or worn out or not what they were supposed to be here is a copy of the PM I sent to a member who said they had second thoughts about buying it
Hey ur2ez
I just read your post about buying this car.
A few people have contacted me regarding this car so here is basically what I said!!

Ok what I mean is Lets make sure we are talking about the same car
"95" GTX SEDAN Black NOT A HATCHBACK
Ok that car is not complied as a personal import so it doesn't need a BLUE personal import plate ( double checked with DOTARS today all personal imports must have a BLUE personal import plate fitted)
IT was complied as a 98 REBUILD Its new AUStralian VIN number was allocated by VIC ROADS authority it states this in its VIN number
It does not need a Green Low Volume Compliance plate cause it wasn't complied as a LVC under the old laws/rules
Basically from my understanding of its new AUS COMPLIANCE PLATE and the import rules at the time the car was possibly (and I say possibly) brought in as a PARTS ONLY CAR for dismantling and was then Re-birthed or REBUILD as an AUSTRALIAN COMPLIANCED CAR this was LEGAL
(this could only be done in Victoria and only up until about 2002)
The car from what I can tell is FULLY LEGAL as Rebuilding was a common practice back then!!!

(my only Question with the car is its advertised build date in JAPAN of 1995) the guy selling it now said this is what he was told it was when he bought it

As to weather it is a good buy? the answer to that Question can only be answered by the potential BUYER,
Yes the BG8R GTX SEDAN is rare in AUSTRALIA as the laws/rules of the time made it almost impossible to import them. There is not that many of them here in AUS but there are more than this ONE
The standard Australian 323 sedan looks the same
BUT isn't a TURBO 4WD that is the only difference
Hope that helps

There is no low volume workshop scheme anymore
there is now RAWS Registered Automotive Workshop scheme. Yes the BG8R could be imported as a Personal Import but also as a complete parts car up until 2000
I have even seen cars that have had all their running gear taken off that get sent over as parts in one container and the shell comes over in another container months later as replacement parts

You say you understand the import scheme but say this
"as dotars will clearly point out when a importer applys for a permit for the low volume workshop scheme they have to apply against a chassis code (eg bg8z). which means they can only comply bg8z. not taragos, not skylines, busses, trains etc. only what they have applyed for.

no one ever in australia applyed for a bg8r licence! you won't find any compliance guy who can comply it., therefor all bg8r cars that do exist in australia have been brought in via personal import scheme."

The actual facts are that: the BG8Z Hatchback was SEVS LVC as its shape of body was not released in Australia
and its power to weight ratio was above requirement
The BG8R was not allowed to be imported as it could not be put on the SEVS register
Special Enthusiasts Vehicle Sceme
Because it did not have a significantly different body shape to the Australian delivered 323 sedan
Not because nobody applied for a
LOW VOLUME COMPLIENCE licence
they couldn't have applied as there was no way that one could be granted by DOTARS

In one of your posts you say that you have got lots of info on the BG8R but are not willing to post it up in case it gets flogged.
HEY BUDDY INFORMATION IS FREE YOU GOT IT FROM SOMEWHERE
SO WHY DON’T YOU SHARE IT WITH US ALL JUST LIKE IM GOING TO SHARE THIS INFO THAT I HAVE GOT ABOUT MAZDA GTX CHASSIS CODES AND VIN NUMBERS WITH EVERYONE
YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID

“FLYBLOWN DOESN’T HAVE ACCESS TO SOME SPECIAL DATABASE”

BECAUSE YES I HAVE AND HERE IT IS BUDDY NOW THIS I DON’T THINK YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE BUT AS THEY SAY “THE TRUTH HURTS”
I NEVER SAID YOU WERE DODGY
YOU DIDN’T DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BOUGHT THIS CAR

Here is the data I just retrieved
the last of the series 1 gtx sedans

Month of production
26 december 1990
japanese catalogue data EPC
Color code : PZ
Code of upholstery: BF6
Description: B5306C0
Description of body: 64290001
Month of production MAZDA
BG8R-103147

the first of the series 2 gtx sedans

Month of production
31 january 1991
Color code : PZ
Code of upholstery: BH6
Description: B665610
Description of body: 62410003
BG8R-300001

I really shouldn't be such a smartarse but
the only 95 gtx in existance was built on

Month of production
30 may 1991
Color code : 4Z
Code of upholstery: BH6
Description: B665610
Description of body: 62410003
BG8R-300511

And if you don’t believe it Check with MAZDA JAPAN the company that actually made these cars and see if you can prove me wrong!!!!

Rest easy and sleep tight knowing that we were right
FLYBLOWN and the knowledge base of TRUE FAMILIA ENTHUSIASTS
Flyblown is offline   Reply With Quote