View Single Post
Old 30-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #104
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mat View Post
hell yer mate

u need a strong trans to handle the power of that best :P

what power u looking at making????? and what ecu u using???

(sorry if this has been asked before )
Mat. It isn't as simple with this or perhaps it's simpler? Although it has an ECU it used mechanical injection. This means you just bypass it pretty much. With the LPG conversion. You bypass it altogether. In this case. When the LPG & turbo was initially installed they chose to use MSD gear. MSD ignition & timing computer to sort the AFM & fuel mapping etc.

What my workshop has to do is reconfigure the LPG set up entirely. Larger lines. Larger gas jets. Dual convertors (vapourisers). Modify the Inlet manifold. Custom build an exhaust manifold. Refurbish the IC piping to alum' mandrel bends. New 3" mandrel ext' sys all way through.

Looking @ 350-400rwhp with the Garrett T03/4 hybrid. Don't want the "big-turbo" lag blues....

I have to nut this out though when time to tune comes. Unlike what you will be doing with petrol dyno (getting mapping etc sorted out) with LPG it's much more straight forward to get the AFM right anyway. The difficulty with LPG is supplying enough of it to all cylinders & keeping it supplied through rev-ranges. No room for error with this. All fun

P.S. my workshop boss aint to keen on the > 300whp I want hehe

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 30-04-2010 at 10:31 AM.
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote