View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #114
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
ah man...... the sausage sager continues As I suspected a few weeks back when discussing fate of the 2nd hand engine that's going into car. It was never delivered The workshop secretary got it wrong. Boss was away having surgery (no idea what) just prior to Easter weekend. When I phoned & asked "are you sure the 3rd engine had been dropped off" she replied " Yes! Sure.

Turns out after talking this morning to boss. The 3 engines she had noted included my old roo-ted one So, this explains the boss wanting to pull down engine when I had asked him weeks ago if it would need it or not. Because the engine he was noting had one cylinder down on compression. He didn't want to do the head up & refit it knowing the bottom end was tired. See?

Thank the Father of Light boss had'nt begun stripping engine!

Quick call to Abdul (Merc Spares). "Um.....Abdul mate.....you never dropped off the freikin 3rd engine." "You know?......the one with GOOD compression maaaate!" .....Abdul "you stll going with the engine?"....Me "er....yeah!....you never delivered a good one!

End of conversation with Abdul goes.....Me "so, I-want-a-good-engine! Complete! Clutch fan the lot!!!!" Abdul "so you are pulling down engine?"
Me "nOOOOO! I-want-an-angine-WITH-good-compression!.....you don't rebuild Merc engines!......blocks have special metallergy performed so they last loooong time! You should know this! Not many people successfully rebuild these engines due to special cylinder surface method. When they're dead. They're dead. OK!" Abdul "k! wil ring you after lunch. Leave it with me! ".....Me "k"

So I wait...................

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote