View Single Post
Old 20-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #89
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
every person has the same reason to getting a licence, and that is to be independant. now weather it is to have moe work, to have more freedom from parents, to have more fun with friends or partners, it all comes down to independancy. i fully understand and agree with what rodhog and outbacoz are saying. the longer you have been driving the more experience you have. if you have been privelaged to be drvn from a young age like outbacoz then by the time you get your ps you will have mroe experience than drivers in their mid 20s who started driving when they got Ls. this doesnt change the fact that 95% of p platers (red) JUST got their licence and JUST started driving anywhere. this is the reason why they will crash because they just dont know how to drive yet. and as for getting a RWD or a turbo (or a turbo rwd or a rotary turbo rwd ) you will without much experience not know how tocountersteer to pull out of a oversteer for eg. FWD cars are more idiot proof because if u start understeering u just let go of gas and loosen the wheel a bit and u will regain controll much easier.
if i was the minister for transport i would make a law that a P plater canot drive a RWD car, a V6, turbo or supercharged engine, a rotary or anything over 1600cc. i would make the law where you get your Ls at 15 and get your Ps after holding your L for a year. Ps would last 4 years. that means earliest a person could get opens would be 20's with 5 years of driving behind the wheel and most of the stupidity out of their system.
but i will never become the minister of transport, and as loooong as the public figures kiss rich pplz arses and are looking for votes rather than serving the ppl then we will keep getting screwed over. lke right now, oh we push the age up for licence, let them have LESS experience when they move out of home and are on their own, when noone can controll them and tell them what they can drive, how long thay can stay out and if they can take the car to a weekend trip 2 states over... THAT is jsut sher stupidity. if you train ppl to do the right thing from a early age they will do the right thing later. as it is now you get your Ps when your what 18? by that time many ppl have mooved out of home and noone can tell them squat. then they die cus of lack of experience and who gets blaimed? what happens? oh we will push the licence age up again, perhaps they will be more mature then.. perhaps its too late then