View Single Post
Old 29-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #34
tau9

Car: mazda 323f gt 1.8i dohc BP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey View Post
You can see in the 4 - 1 dimensions I gave you, it looks half the length and a touch big in diameter.

Go to the exh shop and ask for a price made to something like in the pic with the dimensions 1.314" - 1.439" and 26.4 - 29.1 long, and a straight collector 2.714" and 16.4 long

If custom pipes are going to cost $1000, and you definitely want pipes, buy the ones off the shelf, just remember they will kill bottom end for top end power.
Yes, that pacesetter exhaust it's not what I'm looking for. I forget definitively about those exhausts...

I've been talking with some people and I've found someone that can make me the exhaust. they want around 800 EUR if THEY do the calculations, I have to ask them to make the pipes with the specs you told me.

If I change the intake camshaft you have to remade the calculations, correct?

I've been looking for this camshafts but I'm not sure if they will raise the peak power or just improve the power on mid-high range :/

http://www.camtechcams.com.au/maz_4cyl_1.8_dohc.html

Or better stay with stock intake cams?

Also I found I have two car mufflers in the exhaust line. If I remove those middle mufflers I can improve the gas flow and gain more horsepower (i know it won't be to much)?

Last edited by tau9; 29-12-2013 at 05:19 AM.
tau9 is offline   Reply With Quote